Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Journey to the Center of the Earth Movie

I read the book in 7th grade and couldn’t wait to read it with my son then take him to see the new version of the movie – until I saw the trailer. Isn’t there some kind of “Movie Lorax” who speaks for the dead authors when Hollywood insists on dumbing down, denuding and otherwise butchering a great book during the conversion to a movie?

According to the trailer, it’s a wild and crazy ride when a family vacation goes wrong. Sounds like A Night at the Museum set in a cave. Sounds like crap. I may take him anyway because he’ll like it and we like 3-D but I’ll be trying hard not to be bothered and bitter about the film itself.

UPDATE June, 2013: I watched it on TV a few months ago at the pleading of both kids, who had enjoyed seeing it in the movies. It could've been worse. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...